Views
Helpful
Replies

Endoint Profile: Avaya

csavas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello community,

my customer is using DACL's in their network based on ISE profiling. Generally profiling is working fine. Except for ip phones.

They have a mixed environment for ip phones: Cisco and Avaya.

Cisco IP Phones are not an issue, but Cisco ISE 2.3 Patch2 is not able to recognise the Avaya phones like; Avaya IP Phone 1616

I have checked the community page but was not able to find any thing there:

https://communities.cisco.com/tags/ise-endpoint-profile

So my questions are;

Are there anyone who had a similar issue and created a profile policy for Avaya?

Any plans (maybe 2.4?) to support Avaya phones for profiling?

Thanks for you input.

Cengiz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Cengiz,

When you said, ISE 2.3 p2 is not able to recognize Avaya IP phone 1616, did you mean that this was working before and it stopped working?

I have not heard about the issue specific to Avaya. Assuming the feed service is turned on suggest the following to help you profile Avaya IP phone

Suggest following

First check if the OUI says Avaya since we have seen that these MACs/OUI gets moved around as companies/divisions are bought and sold. This will make sure Avaya device is recognized.

Specifically for Avaya phones, I see that the profile uses DHCP and LLDP. Make sure the IP phone supports these.

Check if DHCP classifier is ccp.avaya.com

Also check if LLDP cache and LLDP capabilities parameters are turned on.

Please check Workcenter -->Profiler --> Profiling policies --> Avaya device and Avaya IP phone profiles for attributes supported.

Make sure you have enabled the probe for LLDP and DHCP. LLDP is sent via RADIUS accounting.

Here is a community site that describes how to create endpoint profile

How To Create an Endpoint Profile

Finally check the profiling guide for further information and details

That said, we keep generating newer profiles and also look for partners/customers to participate this activity since there are lots of devices out there.

Thanks

Krishnan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Cengiz,

When you said, ISE 2.3 p2 is not able to recognize Avaya IP phone 1616, did you mean that this was working before and it stopped working?

I have not heard about the issue specific to Avaya. Assuming the feed service is turned on suggest the following to help you profile Avaya IP phone

Suggest following

First check if the OUI says Avaya since we have seen that these MACs/OUI gets moved around as companies/divisions are bought and sold. This will make sure Avaya device is recognized.

Specifically for Avaya phones, I see that the profile uses DHCP and LLDP. Make sure the IP phone supports these.

Check if DHCP classifier is ccp.avaya.com

Also check if LLDP cache and LLDP capabilities parameters are turned on.

Please check Workcenter -->Profiler --> Profiling policies --> Avaya device and Avaya IP phone profiles for attributes supported.

Make sure you have enabled the probe for LLDP and DHCP. LLDP is sent via RADIUS accounting.

Here is a community site that describes how to create endpoint profile

How To Create an Endpoint Profile

Finally check the profiling guide for further information and details

That said, we keep generating newer profiles and also look for partners/customers to participate this activity since there are lots of devices out there.

Thanks

Krishnan

First check the attributes under endpoint details.  Avaya phones can have OUI from different source vendors, or vendors that were acquired.

Avaya phones don't typically distinguish themselves by model number under OUI or DHCP attributes, but may reveal this under LLDP MED.  Although ISE does collect LLDP attributes, we do not currently collect and parse MED extensions.

Craig

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: