Views
Helpful
Replies

Error message when onboarding on iOS

ryan.chen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ISE experts

I was wondering if anyone has experienced the following , it's not really an issue but it's not a good sight to see for the end-user.  When performing the BYOD on-boarding on an iOS device, half-way through the supplicant provisioning stage - the error as shown below appears.

Photo 9-4-17, 10 27 35.jpg

The BYOD provisioning flow works fine i.e. I'm able to download the supplicant profile and certificates without any issue. It's just after the process, we will see that instead of the success page with the instruction to manually connect to the Corporate SSID.

The devices that were tested on were iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 10.3.3 and iPhone 7 Plus with 11.0 beta 9.

Thanks

Ryan

3 Replies 3

ryan.chen
Level 1
Level 1

Just did another test using an iPad this time running on iOS 10.3.3 - the BYOD onboarding was fine i.e. able to download the OTA profile and certificates without the failed  to complete provisioning error message. Instead it shows the proper onboarding success message.

IMG_0003.PNG

Does anyone else experience the same issue ?

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's working ok on my iPhone with iOS 10.3.3. If it consistently giving you the wrong message, you may try update the message text at the BYOD portal.

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 8.03.36 AM.png

Please contact Cisco TAC if you need further assistance.

Hi Hslai

Thanks for your response.

I'll proceed with opening a TAC case for this issue.

Regards

Ryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: