Views
Helpful
Replies

Error on import Users ACS Version : 5.8.1.4

Malick MBAYE
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

My trooble is that i want to import some users on ACS.

For exemple i downloaded the template show on file operations.

the first line is:

name:String(64):Required,description:String(1024),Email_Address:String(1024),"dateExceedsEnabled:Boolean(true,false):Required",dateExceeds:Date(yyyy-Mmm-dd),"maxFailedLoginAttemptsEnabled:Boolean(true,false):Required","enablePasswordHash:Boolean(true,false):Required",maxFailedLoginAttempts:Integer(1:99),"passwordNeverExpires:Boolean(true,false):Required","enabled:Boolean(true,false):Required","changePassword:Boolean(true,false):Required",password:String(32):Required,enablePassword:String(32),passwordType:String(256):Required,UserIdentityGroup:String(256)

And i completed the second line with:

bbtrading,,,false,,false,false,3,false,true,true,Pass123,,Internal Users,All Groups

Then i saved and tried to imported this file but i got the folowing error:

2019-02-23 12:19:31: File Format Validation Failed
Header is incorrect. Download Import Template for required header record.

Aborting......

I looked on others discussions and tried the solutions but nothing .

Help please. i need to import 100 users.

I attached the import file.

5 Replies 5

Malick MBAYE
Level 1
Level 1

Can any Pro help a Noob Please?

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The issue with your file is that the header is all in Column A. You do not have headers for Coumns B on that you should. I have fixed the file for you and attached it to my post. 

Hello Damien,

Thanks for replying me.

I dont really understand. You mean that there will be something on ColumnB ?

I imported your file and it works but when i just try to change the name "bbtrading" to "bbtradings" (with s) or change the Group, and try to import, i have got the same result: It Fails.

I put on attach the file changed to bbtrading (i just did Ctrl+H to find and replace)

Can you Help me?

It's a CSV file.  Each value/column is separated by a comma.  Look at the image I attached, data is parsed in to individual columns.

Your failing file has the header in a single column.

Mine below has everything set correct. 

Capture.PNG

Oddly, opening your file that works, I do not have the same view as you (See Joint) but it works anyway.
It's just when I change the name that it does not work anymore.

I do not understand why this is Can the problem come from Excel itself?

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG