Views
Helpful
Replies

Error SSL Mobile Wildcard ISE

athan1234
Level 3
Level 3

Hello
My Wildcard certificate was renewed. After of this PC, the connections are fine; the mobile device is the issue

athan1234_0-1701330580275.png

9 Replies 9

Renewed with the proper SAN fields?  Wildcard present in the SAN also?

Hello, @ahollifield  I appreciate your response.

I generated the certificate via ISE and entered the same data as the previous certificate. I presume that if you have a wildcard certificate, do you also need to enter SAN fields?  Nevertheless has SAN this wildcard

I don't get why a wildcar, like *.midominio.com, needs a SAN. If you follow mydomin.com, all entries should be validated.

athan1234_1-1701429164285.png

This is the certificate

ISE SIDE for portal

athan1234_0-1701429104794.png

Mobile this ssl no trust only in mobile

athan1234_2-1701429303494.png

Yes this all seems correct.  The wildcard must also have the wildcard in the SAN field.  Are you sure the spelling of the domain is the same?  Is the mobile device time/date correct? What version of Android?   All other devices trust this certificate?

Hi there @ahollifield
I apologize for the delay just to reply me today response.
iPhone It's ok no problem ; the mistake is in the Android mobiles; he attempts to use Android 12 as an example.
I am watching the firs words is bienvenido.xxxxxx.
May be in this case i woukd have to put a SAM bienvenido.xxxxx .
For solve this problem?

The mobile device which os it run?

MHM

Hhey
iPhone It's ok no problem ; the mistake is in the Android mobiles; he attempts to use Android 12 as an example.

athan1234
Level 3
Level 3

Hey any idea ?

My guess is the Digicert/Thawte root/intermediate CAs are not trusted on that model/version of Android.  Try a different Android client.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@athan1234 : Adding to @ahollifield , please check the complete certificate chain and, if needed, take packet capture and use WireShark or the like to verify. And check the root CA against the list of trusted certificates on the Android OS.