cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

error while registering ISE node

Kashish_Patel
Level 2
Level 2

Getting this error while trying to register a newly built standalone VM node  on primary admin node.

'admin' is not authorized to register ISE Node <node name>. Please check the credentials and/or privileges.

admin is the only account on the newly built VM node and admin has full privileges on primary admin node as well. I have done the registering process before as well and this is the first time I have seen this error... Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

askhuran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Kashish,

Though I assume its been almost a week's time and you might have solved this by now, but it may help others facing similar problem

When a node is registered with the primary, the primary node would  connect with the node to be registered and the primary node itself needs  to authenticate against that node which is to be registered.

You need to specify the Admin user password of the ISE node that you  want to register. Make sure by logging on to the Web UI of the ISE node  you want to register that you have the admin user password. Otherwise  you should create / reset admin user for web UI of the node to be  registered.

Regards,

Ashok

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

askhuran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Kashish,

Though I assume its been almost a week's time and you might have solved this by now, but it may help others facing similar problem

When a node is registered with the primary, the primary node would  connect with the node to be registered and the primary node itself needs  to authenticate against that node which is to be registered.

You need to specify the Admin user password of the ISE node that you  want to register. Make sure by logging on to the Web UI of the ISE node  you want to register that you have the admin user password. Otherwise  you should create / reset admin user for web UI of the node to be  registered.

Regards,

Ashok

this is an obvious answer

I hope the original poster fixed this problem over the past 5 years ;)

Jo49201
Level 1
Level 1

Hello are you aware if the error could happen both vm are in trial?

Trying the test the setup before the production et i'm getting the error.
I've also try to add a new user on both server, with super admin privilege, still happening. 
Version 3.1 

did you find a solution?

I would really suggest making a new post on this topic.  This thread is marked as solved and is 10 years (!!!!!) old....