Views
Helpful
Replies

expired license, no access to admin->proxy to talk to Smart Account

laurathaqi
Level 3
Level 3

Hi community, 

I have an ISE appliance, which has expired licenses. 

it does not allow me to add a proxy on it to allow ISE to talk to Smart Account and get Licenses. Administration Gui is blocked. 

How to add proxy, so it allows me to sync to the Smart Account? 

Thank you,

Laura

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCvw28365

has been addressed in ISE 3.0 Patch 2 and 3.1 FCS.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi @laurathaqi 

Is this ISE 3.x?

If not, then you could request an eval license from software.cisco.com to allow you some grace period to log back into the GUI.

If it's ISE 3.x and you have expired the eval license, then you could request Cisco TAC to grant you some eval licenses in the Smart Account. If the Smart Account however is only reachable via Proxy, then you may have to see some proxy bypass to allow ISE to talk directly to tools.cisco.com.

I have not been in this situation myself - sounds like a TAC case. If it's a lab, then you could run a config backup on the CLI, and then restore the config to factory defaults. Then you will be in 90 day eval again.

Hi @Arne Bier 

Made an Exception and let ISE to communicate to Internet temporary, and this is how I made it to get the Licenses I had in Smart Account. 

However, I would suggest the Cisci ISE Engineers to think on allowing the Proxy tab also, as its needed in this use Case. 

Thank you,

Laura

Hi @laurathaqi ,

an Idea for that was created at Cisco CCPISE: access to Proxy Settings when License expired.

"When ISE License expired, we only have access to Licensing page, but if License - Connection Method is HTTPS Proxy, then we also need access to the Proxy Settings.
Since the access to Proxy Settings is not allowed, this creates an issue to solve the expired license.
Any possibility to integrate such feature in roadmap ?"

Hope this helps !!!

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Laura, you're saying with Base licenses expired ISE will only let you reach the Licensing page but not the Proxy Settings page to add a proxy to register and get your new Licenses in your Smart Account?

image.png

Hi @thomas 

Exactly that use case. Needed to create an exception and allow ISE direct Internet Access to make it work to the Smart Account. Wasn't working differently. 

Thank you,

Laura

Thank you for that feedback - I will share this thread with the Licensing Product Manager to get it changed!

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCvw28365

has been addressed in ISE 3.0 Patch 2 and 3.1 FCS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: