Views
Helpful
Replies

External Identity Sources, binding RSA securID to ISE

yong khang NG
Level 5
Level 5

Hi all,

Say, my topology was using ISE doing VPN inline posture, and bind RSA securID (version 7.1) as external Identity Sources.

During  the deployment, in order to let my iPEP node join the Policy Service  Node, for the certificate i using the third party CA server (Window  server 2008 R2) as the root CA, both of these 2 ISE were mutual  authenticated and done.

My question. as i using  RSA secureID as external identity sources, native behaviour, Will the  ISE trust RSA with no identity certificate signed by the identitical  root CA?

Should i enroll this RSA appliance issue the CSR to CA server to sign and in the PKI environment? Is there a need for this?

Thanks

Noel

2 Replies 2

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Noel,

From my experience when integrating with the RSA token server you need the sdconf.rec file exported from the RSA and you import that into the ISE configuration. You then select this identity store with your authentication policies for vpn users. There isnt a need for any certificates when integrating with a token server (that was the last time I checked) and even if there would just need to trust each other's certficats.

I hope that helps!

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Tarik

Thanks for reply.

I will give a try on this.

Happy new year

Noel