cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External radius server sequence advance attributes

M. Wisely
Level 4
Level 4

We're starting to implement a new shared wireless network and I need to figure out how to change the username format  sent to the external radius servers.

The username currently is in the format <host>.<domain> and we need to send <host>@<domain>. It seems possible to do this in advanced attribute settings -> Modify attribute in the requestAdvanced attribute settings.png

I'm unsure of the format, I'd appreciate any guidance.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think it accepting only static text string and I do not think this is the place for such ID rewrite. If the target RADIUS server is ISE 1.3+ and the ID store is AD, then please use the AD Identity Rewrite.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think it accepting only static text string and I do not think this is the place for such ID rewrite. If the target RADIUS server is ISE 1.3+ and the ID store is AD, then please use the AD Identity Rewrite.

Thanks for your help. I guest I'll have to figure out how to send the correct username format in AD.

Hi hslai,

Sorry to pick up this older post but I have similar situation where I'm trying to add the domain suffix to a username radius attribute. Situation is as follows: we are using Cisco FMC with external Radius authentication towards Cisco ISE. But FMC is not able to add domain suffixes to usernames. In the ISE we have AD integration and authenticate against AD, here we can use identity rewrite. But the policies also check the users internal group memberschip and this doesnt work because ISE cannot match Radius request without suffix with internal user with suffix. ISE is being used for device administration for Stealthwatch, DNA, Switches, WLC's, etc.... So the internal accounts are configured with external authentication against AD. But towards AD I can use the Identity Rewrite but I cant match on group membership.

Is it possible to configured ISE to forwards the RADIUS request to itself and manipulate the username attribute by adding the domain suffix? Question comes down to: can you use variables in the "Modify attribute in the request" section underneath the "Radius server sequence"?

See example in screen below.

RADIUS server sequence.png

Thanks in advance