cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

feature dot1x doesn't exist

Arepollo
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to configure a Nexus 9k as an access switch in line with our LAN standards - not it's general intended purpose I know.

Looked up the configuration guide for the various things since IOS doesn't quite translate over.  For 802.1x you start with enabling the feature... but it doesn't exist on my switch.

If I do:
feature d?

all I get is:

dhcp

Is there something else I need to do first?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is your issue.  According to this: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/security/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Security_Configuration_Guide_7x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Security_Configuration_Guide_7x_chapter_011001.htm... 
You need 7.0(3)I7(1) or higher for dot1x.  Also, you should really upgrade from 7.x.  Not sure what 9K you have but 9.3(9) is currently the suggested release for most platforms.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

From old post 

""It may be worth comparing the MD5/SHA512 checksum of the NX-OS binary image you're currently booted from with the corresponding checksum published on Cisco's Software Download website. A corrupted NX-OS image can sometimes cause arbitrary features to be missing from the CLI.

First, identify the NX-OS binary image file the switch is currently booted from with the show boot and dir bootflash: commands. Next, compute the MD5/SHA512 checksum of this file with the show file bootflash:filename_here.bin md5sum or show file

bootflash:filename_here.bin sha512sum commands.""

From what I can see the check matches

I assume its not already enabled?  Does "show dot1x" give you anything?  License level and NX-OS version?

Correct - it is not enabled.  Does not show with other enabled features when I do a 'show run' and 'show dot1x' returns as invalid command.

NXOS version 7.0(3)I3(1)

This is the first time working with Nexus and NXOS, I'm not sure what I'm looking for regarding license level.

That is your issue.  According to this: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus9000/sw/7-x/security/configuration/guide/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Security_Configuration_Guide_7x/b_Cisco_Nexus_9000_Series_NX-OS_Security_Configuration_Guide_7x_chapter_011001.htm... 
You need 7.0(3)I7(1) or higher for dot1x.  Also, you should really upgrade from 7.x.  Not sure what 9K you have but 9.3(9) is currently the suggested release for most platforms.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: