Views
Helpful
Replies

FeedService test connection failed

dgaikwad
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Experts,

As per the previous posts, this error was fixed.
But, I have done a fresh install and then applied patch 5 to 2.4, still I am encountering this error when running a test connection in profiler services?
Test result: Failure: FeedService test connection failed : Feed Service unavailable : SocketTimeoutException invoking https://ise.cisco.com:8443/feedserver/feed/serverinfo?ISE_VERSION=2.4.0.357: Read timed out **Please ensure that the certificate store on ISE has a valid and enabled entry for either the root certificate or the intermediate certificate for the SSL server certificate chain of Cisco ISE feed server. **Please ensure that Proxy settings are configured if needed to reach Feed Server.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the node does has a connection to the internet and there are no proxies or firewalls in between.

I have now imported the ise.cisco.com certificate to the trusted store. But still the error, FeedService test connection failed, persisted.

I did a reload of the ISE node and now I am getting,  Success.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Have you imported the certificates for the ise.cisco.com website into ISE Trusted Certificate store?
Does ISE have internet access? either direct or via a proxy?

Yes, the node does has a connection to the internet and there are no proxies or firewalls in between.

I have now imported the ise.cisco.com certificate to the trusted store. But still the error, FeedService test connection failed, persisted.

I did a reload of the ISE node and now I am getting,  Success.

Since you resolved it by reloading ISE, it's likely some temporary issue with the system resources. If needed, please engage Cisco TAC to troubleshoot when it happens again. I myself have not run into such.

Hi Rob,

i have installed in the trusted certificate store of the ISE the ise cert (HydrantID SSL ICA G2) but the problem keeps the same.

I am running ISE 2.7.0.356  with patches 1,2 installed.

The ISE is directly connected to the Internet , the service stopped working on August 12th 2020.

Any ideas?

Feed profiler does not work when smart licensing is enabled
CSCvd69698