Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

For ISE 2.6 duplicate user

We are only able to duplicate a user if the identity list is unfiltered.  When we filter the list based on any criteria the duplicate function is disabled.

Is it possible to filter the list based on user identity group and then duplicate a user from within that group?

If so how would you go about it?

4 Replies 4

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hhhm - perhaps a bug/omission in ISE 2.7 - I can confirm that it's not an issue in ISE 2.7 patch 3 - probably raise a TAC case or see if you can upgrade to a later release.

Issue was resolved -  User being duplicated had admin privilege and duplication is not permitted under that area.  User can be duplicated in this case under the Admin Access area.

What did that have to do with filtering (in your initial posting)? 

I still understand where you were trying to duplicate an Internal User account - do you mean you were trying to duplicate an ISE Admin user account (Administration > System > Admin Access > Administrators > Admin Users)?

I can duplicate regular users as well as admin users. I am logged into the ISE GUI as a Super Admin. 

The user we were testing with had admin privileges as a result when we filtered to that account under the regular user admin section the account could not be duplicated. When unfiltered we were selecting the first account which did not have admin privileges.
This led to an erroneous conclusion that duplication did not work when filtering. Basically, we just got access to the ISE and are performing migration from the ACS. Part of that is confirming various actions could be duplicated on both platforms.
After determining the issue we tested duplication of an admin account under the admin section and confirmed that it could be duplicated as well.
Final analysis - Learning new system resulted in false identification of normal operations as an error.