Views
Helpful
Replies

FORCE GUEST USER TO CHANGE PASSWORD AFTER SPONSOR PASSWORD RESET

JP_Berlin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear community,

we all know the option on ISE guest portals under Guest Change Password Settings: "Require guest to change password at first login (except guests using social login)". My customer now discovered that guests don't have to change their password again after it got reset by a sponsor. They are worried about sponsors being able to see passwords if the user is not pro-actively changing it.

Is there any way to enforce that? If not, are there plans for the future to do that?

Thanks for you answers in advance,

Jonathan

PasswordChangeEnforcement.png

1 Accepted Solution
5 Replies 5

paul
Level 10
Level 10

The sponsors can always see the passwords I believe.  When you edit the account in the sponsor portal you can see the password.  I don't see what the the concern here is if the guest account are only being used for Internet access.  

Hi Paul,

After the user changes his/her password, it is not visible to the sponsor anymore. I also did hide the button for editing the account with a javascript. I personally don't share the concern but my customer is highly sensitive in these regards.

Ahh good to know. I haven't really worried or looked at the guest password change stuff.

Thanks Jason,

disabling "view/print guests' password" (actually in step 9) should be satisfying for my customer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: