cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward ISE 2.4 Radius accounting messages to Check point

Abilio Cardoso
Level 1
Level 1
I need to send account messages to CheckPoint FW.
How to configure in ISE?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Do you mean Radius proxy to a remote Radius Accounting server?  ISE cannot do that to my knowledge.  ISE can be a proxy, but then it won't be able to handle the Authentication piece as well.  It would be a nice feature to have in future - I am sure you're not the first person who has asked for this.  As @Damien Miller mentioned already, you can forward the Radius Accounting event as a SYSLOG message to a remote SYSLOG server.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Step 1 - Define the checkpoint as a remote logging target.  Click add on this page and fill in the required details. 

remote-log-targ.jpg

Step 2 - Add your new remote logging target (checkpoint) to the radius accounting logging category. 

remote-logging.jpg

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Do you mean Radius proxy to a remote Radius Accounting server?  ISE cannot do that to my knowledge.  ISE can be a proxy, but then it won't be able to handle the Authentication piece as well.  It would be a nice feature to have in future - I am sure you're not the first person who has asked for this.  As @Damien Miller mentioned already, you can forward the Radius Accounting event as a SYSLOG message to a remote SYSLOG server.

Oh man, that makes a whole lot more sense now.