Views
Helpful
Replies

FTP Repository

osman869
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to create a repository is ISE and when I add the ftp server it asks for user/pass for this server.

We dont have ftp user/pass for ftp. ANy idea how to resolve this ?

10 Replies 10

georgehewittuk1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm afraid it's marked as a required field and not seen a scenario where you can add without it.

andrewswanson
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Have you tried entering random username/password when you create the FTP repository?

hth

Andy

I tried I am able to create but its not validating gives me this error

"Repository validation failed due to error - Failed to read remote directory. Verify configuration. In case Backup was restored on different setup, please re-configure the repository passwords (Expected behaviour)"

Hi

Try to use  "user anonymous password plain anonymous"

Ot better, put credentials on your FTP server.

"user anonymous password plain anonymous"

It didnt work either

You will need the FTP credentials from the FTP server admin.  No way around this.

Hi @osman869 ,

you are able to create a "LOCAL" repository without using a user:

repository LOCAL
url disk:/

Hope this helps !!!

Hi Morais,

Yes I can create local but that is not recommended because I need to
upgrade ISE from 3.0 to 3.1. Can I create an FTP repository without
username & pass in CLI ?

Hi @osman869 ,

about "...Can I create an FTP repository without username & pass in CLI ? ..." AFAIK, I agree with @ahollifield "No away around this".

about " ...but that is not recommended because I need to upgrade ISE from 3.0 to 3.1... ", what is not recommended ? What are you planning to do ?

Regards

Back in the good old days when anonymous FTP servers were all the rage, you could login as a read only user using the credentials:

anonymous and password anonymous

This worked on FTP servers that were intentionally setup to support anonymous logins. Not recommended for an ISE deployment.

What FTP server are you hoping to use with your ISE deployment?  Or even better, you can spin up an SFTP server on any free Linux distribution.