cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest access without username or password

Matt Duncan
Level 1
Level 1

I have been asked by upper management to grant wireless guest access to internet only without the use of a username or password. I still want the Guests to be redirected to AUP web page and must agree to it. On both my ISE appliance and WLC I cant seem to be able to find a way to do that without a username and password. Any guidance would be much appreciated. 5508 WLC and ISE 1.2.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is a supported workflow with ISE 1.3 and higher. There you can configure your Guest-access as a "Hotspot". Your guests will see the AUP and if you want they have to enter an access-code (same for all guests).

ISE 1.2 is already announced for EOL, so you have to prepare your upgrade anyway ... ;-)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

This is a supported workflow with ISE 1.3 and higher. There you can configure your Guest-access as a "Hotspot". Your guests will see the AUP and if you want they have to enter an access-code (same for all guests).

ISE 1.2 is already announced for EOL, so you have to prepare your upgrade anyway ... ;-)

Thank you for the quick response. I am downloading the 1.4 upgrade bundle now and will start that process this weekend.

Don't forget to read the release-notes. There are some important notes for the update.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'd at least upgrade to ISE 1.4, if not 2.0.

Besides the "Hotspot" feature that Karsten mentioned, a lot of other things are much improved.