Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Password Policy question.

The issue we run into is the system generates a random password, emails it to them, and when they log in they have to change it.

We have issues with letters looking the same and some of the special characters people mis-read. but it seem if I exclude them in the settings, it doesn't let them use in passwords. 

What can I do to limit the random password generated, but not also limit the password a user can enter?

Guests.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe there is any way to accomplish that.

As per the Admin Guide:

The Guest password policy applies to sponsor portals, self registered portals, accounts uploaded in a CSV file, passwords created using the ERS API, and user created passwords.

You should customize the error messages that are related to the password policy to provide the password requirements.

1. Choose Guest Access > Portals & Components > Sponsored-Guest Portals or Self-Registered Guest Portals > Edit > Portal Page Customization > Error Messages.

2. Search for the keyword policy.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe there is any way to accomplish that.

As per the Admin Guide:

The Guest password policy applies to sponsor portals, self registered portals, accounts uploaded in a CSV file, passwords created using the ERS API, and user created passwords.

You should customize the error messages that are related to the password policy to provide the password requirements.

1. Choose Guest Access > Portals & Components > Sponsored-Guest Portals or Self-Registered Guest Portals > Edit > Portal Page Customization > Error Messages.

2. Search for the keyword policy.