cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest portal configuration on Gig1, but Gig1 not present on all PSN nodes

vvdgeest
Level 1
Level 1

What will happen if a (self-registration) guest portal is configured in an ISE deployment and is assigned to Gigabitethernet 1, but Gigabitethernet 1 is not configured on all PSN nodes in the ISE deployment?

Will this work, and if so, is this a supported setup?

Thanks in advance,

Vincent

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cory Peterson
Level 5
Level 5

I have done a couple deployments like this in the past and there are no issues with it.

I used a DNS record that pointed towards the two PSNs that had a second interface in the guest DMZ. Just be sure you have a DNS that can resolve the guest portal URLs. Many times I have seen guest networks that just use public DNS. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paul
Level 10
Level 10

I haven't tested this out, but I would think as long as the PSNs you are sending guest traffic to have Gig1 enabled you should be okay.  The redirect goes to the PSN that authenticated that MAB session so you have control of which PSNs are your "guest" PSNs.

Cory Peterson
Level 5
Level 5

I have done a couple deployments like this in the past and there are no issues with it.

I used a DNS record that pointed towards the two PSNs that had a second interface in the guest DMZ. Just be sure you have a DNS that can resolve the guest portal URLs. Many times I have seen guest networks that just use public DNS.