Views
Helpful
Replies

Health check API

poornakumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have gone through lot of cisco ise api's but i couldn't find for health check api.Please help me to find out that or else please confirm is there api available for health check automation.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is not currently feature parity between the ISE GUI and APIs, and this is one of those items that has no API endpoint.

All current APIs are documented in DevNet, so if you do not find an API endpoint for the item in question, it does not yet exist.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

"Health Check"?  Meaning the health checks as part an ISE upgrade flow?  General server status? Something else?

General health check like under operation>reports>reports>diagnostics>health summary this is the pathway or else in the dashlets itself system summary tab will be available.Anything is okay.Is there any api available for this.

There is not currently feature parity between the ISE GUI and APIs, and this is one of those items that has no API endpoint.

All current APIs are documented in DevNet, so if you do not find an API endpoint for the item in question, it does not yet exist.

Thanks greg

ccieexpert
Level 1
Level 1

a couple of ideas:

1) it may not be exhaustive.. but SNMP will give you good health info.. you may want to check it out:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/identity-services-engine/215521-configure-and-understand-snmp-traps-to-m.html

2) You can also screen scrape the web page - if you create a admin user that has only privielges to look at operations.. then there can be a script that can do some screen scraping and get the data you want...