Views
Helpful
Replies

Help on ACS

Amin Shaikh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have fresh installed ACS 4.1 and having trouble integrating with the following for authentication.

<1> Cisco 4500 Router

<2> Cisco AiroNet-Access-Point

All admin for Router 4500 should be authenticatd via ACS Server and incase ACS Server is down then they should be authenticated via local DATABASE...

All passed or failed attempt should be logged on ACS ; all changes done on the devices ( change config / reboot ) should be logged on ACS as well.....

Can I get a link where it shows the config part on router and on ACS.....

17 Replies 17

Amin

Does it matter to you which interface is used for TACACS? If so then configure that interface as the source.

When you configured the ACS server you told it to expect packets to be from the address in VLAN 1. If you do not want to change the ACS configuration then configure VLAN 1 as the source address for TACACS.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks, it worked with IP tacacs source-interface command.

I have one more query putting on another POST....

Thanks again....

Amin

I am glad that my suggestions were able to help you resolve your problem. Thank you for using the rating system to indicate that your problem was resolved (and thanks for the rating). It makes the forum more useful when people can read about a problem and can know that they will read a response which did help resolve the problem.

The forum is an excellent place to learn about Cisco networking. I encourage you to continue your participation in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick