cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HOSTNAME CHANGE ON ISE 2.3

kajibola
Level 1
Level 1

A client requested the hostname on the PSN be changed because of the guest redirect URL which contains the PSN hostname. Unfortunately, the client don't like the URL display name.

Apart form FQDN and Certificate, I want to know if changing hostname on ISE server won't break anything.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kajibola
Level 1
Level 1

@hslai,

The static FQDN option worked.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you already tried the Static IP/Host name/FQDN in Common Tasks > Web Redirection?

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 8.53.22 AM.png

You may change the hostname after de-registering the PSN from the deployment and re-register it back afterwards. Hostname changes would also impact Active Directory if used. Please leave and re-join.

@hslai,

Do the static FQDN option means that I can put URL of choice there and that is what the PSN will push to guest endpoints (it will no longer be the PSN hostname) which means the static FQDN will also have to be mapped to the PSN IP address.

I will try it out when I get back on site.

That is correct. We usually do this for the FQDN of the VIP defined in a load balancer, for example. Of course, this static FQDN needs to be resolvable by the endpoints to IP address and it also needs matched by certificates used for the web portal.

@hslai,

I will test and revert tomorrow.

Thanks.

How do you maintain persistence on the load balancer when using the vip as redirect ip. As the psn that received the first radius packet needs to be the one that serves the web page 

kajibola
Level 1
Level 1

@hslai,

The static FQDN option worked.

Thanks.