cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can the ISE Guest Portal be preserved during migrations?

Istvan Matyasovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all

Any ideas or tips on how to preserve & save the look and feel of the ISE Guest Portal when migrating from ISE 1.4 running on a hw appliance to ISE 2.2 running on a VM ?

Many thanks in advance

Istvan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unless your portal was built using the ISE portal builder then There is no way to migrate the portal settings and config without a config backup

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE portals are part of the config backup. When you are upgrading they are migrated.

Recommendation would be to backup the configuration on 1.4.

Another option is to setup a new system on 2.2 in parallel and restor/validate and shut down the old system.

Is there some specific flow you’re concerned with?

Hi Jason,

I am looking at a migration where ISE 2.2 will be running in parallel (+new certificates) with ISE 1.4 and NADs will be migrated location by location. Therefore, i'd like to avoid a full backup and restore. For now my main concern is preserving the exact look & feel of the web portal, i.e. the customization options used for guest access . Any ideas on how to do this ?

Thank you

Istvan

Unless your portal was built using the ISE portal builder then There is no way to migrate the portal settings and config without a config backup

Hi Jason,

Do you mean the CSS Export function from Guest Access -> Portals&Components -> Portal Customization Page -> Advanced Customization -> Advanced Customization ?

Thank you

Istvan

No the ISE portal builder.

http://isepb.cisco.com

If you have a customized portal saved there then you can build for 2 different releases.

Not recommended unless absolutely critical.

I recommend building a system in parallel

Thank you Jason. Will go for building a system in parallel.

Do you know by chance of any guidelines available to help with VM sizing ?

Thank you

Istvan

Check this link out:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-3/install_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide23/b_ise_InstallationGuide23_chapter_01.html#ID-1417-00000074

Thanks!

Why don't you want to do a restore?  That doesn't prevent you from doing a parallel build. 

Hi Paul,

Even though Cisco ISE 2.2 supports restore from backups obtained from Release 1.4 and later, we do not want to have two ISE hosts with the same persona, certificates etc. on the network. We’d like both the ISE 1.4 and ISE 2.2 setups

to run and coexist in parallel for a few weeks.

Istvan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: