cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can we request ISE evaluation smart account licenses ?

nmourtzi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE is not available in the smart account license request tool.

https://ibpm.cisco.com/csw/sl/login/2OPjgeJk60T4PX7WVdYq6g%5B%5B*/!STANDARD

How can we request ISE evaluation smart account licenses ?

Thanks,

Nikos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That is true. However I remember a customer case where ISE was using Smart Licensing and for some reason the TAC had to create some eval licenses. These licenses had an expiration date of 90 days. It was enough time to fix the issue at hand. That’s the only time I have ever seen eval licenses in the context of Smart Licensing. 
it’s also a nice way to learn how to use Smart Licensing because most of us only get to learn this on the job and usually under some time pressure. Not something you can practise :-(

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Send an email to the Licensing Team and request for an evaluation license.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A fresh install ISE comes with 90-day eval and can stay as traditional or be used as smart. So, no need to request for it.

That is true. However I remember a customer case where ISE was using Smart Licensing and for some reason the TAC had to create some eval licenses. These licenses had an expiration date of 90 days. It was enough time to fix the issue at hand. That’s the only time I have ever seen eval licenses in the context of Smart Licensing. 
it’s also a nice way to learn how to use Smart Licensing because most of us only get to learn this on the job and usually under some time pressure. Not something you can practise :-(