Views
Helpful
Replies

How is it possible to assign a static Client IP Address with TACACS in ACS 5.x

ipstoerung
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have an ACS 5.6 in use. The used Authentication Protocols are RADIUS and TACACS.

With RADIUS it is no Problem to assign a static ip address to an user with radius attributes that are stored in Authorization profiles.

Is it possible to assign a static ip address to an existing user in the ACS Server with TACACS?

Thanks in Advance and Kind regards

Fabian Wrba

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Fabian, I have never done this via TACACS+ so I am not sure if it is possible. Radius can provide AAA for both network and device administration vs TACACS+ is only used for device administration. With that being said, can you explain to me/everyone else here exactly what you are trying to accomplish and perhaps a bit more details on your setup.

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hello,

thanks for your fast answer!

I try to give you an Explanation what exactly I want to do:

I have installed a new ACS 5.6 Server in our Network. Until then we have an ACS 4.2 in use. At the Moment i have changed 95% of users from ACS 4.2 to ACS 5.6. These 95 % are all use RADIUS and they use Network Administration with Authorization Profiles (Assign static IP Adress to User). There is no Problem!

The remaining 5 % of Users(Cisco 700 ISDN Router) use the TACACS protocol. At the Moment it works with ACS 4.2 because here it is possible to assign them a static ip address. On the ACS 5.6 i cant find a way to do this because as you already say it is apparently only device Administration possible.

My Question is, is it even possible, with TACACS+ and the ACS 5.6, to assign static IP addresses as on the ACS 4.2 and if so how?

Kind regards

Fabian Wrba

Hello,

we have the same Problem.

Do you have any solution to assign a static ip address with ACS 5.x via tacacs?

best regards

Marcus