Views
Helpful
Replies

How to edit portal layout for displayed table

alex.fritzsche
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

we are operating a ISE 2.2 Sponsor Portal and our Sponsors often need to print up to 100 Guest accounts at once!

When showing the section "Manage Accounts", only 10 rows are displayed amd can therefore be printed at once.

Is there a way to display more than 10 table rows in the "Manage Accounts" section?

Meaning how can I edit the css or html or variable for the sponsor.app.js so more than 10 rows are displayed?

I assume a change in the javascript-code is necessary because while debugging i found nothing within the html code or css file.

BR

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I checked about the customization and there is nothing available

The only time you can export is at creation, not after the fact, this has been an ask from others please work through your account team to reach out to Ameet Kulkarni our guest product manager

You might be able to write something using the api here are some tips and tricks

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-64018?mobileredirect=true#jive_content_id_API

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

FYI this may take some time, from first glance on how the system is built it might not be possible and require an enhancement request

I had a similar TAC case "682876607 - ISE Portal Manager unable to delete more than 10 accounts at a time" and that resulted in an enhancement request CSCvf97354 being raised.  Essentially it's the same thing - print or delete - basically, having the ability to manage more than 10 items at once.  Apparently older versions of ISE could manage 100 per page.

You may know this already, but, you can print hundreds of guest accounts in the Sponsor Portal AT THE TIME OF NEW ACCOUNT CREATION ... and receive the output in a single PDF. That functionality works.  Well ... not without its own bugs.  TAC case 682593062 - "Guest Accounts printout in random order" (raised CSCvf13094) will print accounts in random order (i.e. no longer alphabetical) when you select more than 50 accounts.

Yes, but thats exactly what we need - due to the separation of duties concept etc.

The customer has conferences with hundreds of one-day guests all needing there own credentials - owed to the security.

A CSV export would be sufficient, as I think a stylish export of 100+ accounts could invoke new bugs for the sponsor portal...

Or is there a RESTfull possibility to get the accounts from the database?

I checked about the customization and there is nothing available

The only time you can export is at creation, not after the fact, this has been an ask from others please work through your account team to reach out to Ameet Kulkarni our guest product manager

You might be able to write something using the api here are some tips and tricks

https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-64018?mobileredirect=true#jive_content_id_API

Hi Alexander

Apologies - I posted the wrong TAC case in my previous post

The one I meant to send is

682876607 - ISE Portal Manager unable to delete more than 10 accounts at a time (raised enhancement CSCvf97354)

This enhancement request was raised some time ago and maybe we can get some momentum behind it?

The recommended way to get a feature request is to reach out through sales to our guest product manager Ameet Kulkarni

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks for the infos.

We managed it through collecting all relevant guest accounts via API and exporting it into CSV.

Nice one. Hey Alexander how would you feel about sharing your API script/code in this forum?

I was thinking of doing the same thing and I have dabbled a bit with the API. But it was just a one liner for the F5 GTM to Check who is the active PAN. Would be interesting to know how you did it.

Hi,

unfortunately the developer colleague wont give out the script he wrote...

Thats what we have:

He managed it with Java and exporting the results into csv.

We made it mandatory to give a prefix to the guestusers so we can search after the prefix with the script.

Most is documentet in the API documentation, available via your ISE: https://ISE-IP:9060/ers/sdk#_

We had a problem first with the connection due to certificates - just added the ISE cert in the relevant computer stores java uses.

Best regards.

Too bad, that’s how we all help each other

Perhaps persuade with some beer or fine spirits

I will try my best again on him and keep you informed.

Meanwhile i hope someone can halp me with https://communities.cisco.com/thread/90510

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: