Views
Helpful
Replies

How to edit the new password for Active directory in ISE

HS3679
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using ISE version 2.4 and it has a connection to the Active Directory by using a domain admin account to integrate with the ISE. However I have been instructed to change the domain admin account. So I am guessing that I will require to do the same to the ISE deployment right and edit the password? I have read up in past discussions that it will not impact the ISE cause it is a one time thingy. So my question is, I just wanted to make sure it will not impact the ISE cause I wouldn't want any disruptions to the network. 

Regards

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The user account you used to join ISE to active directory is not used for anything other than the join operation. When the credentials are typed in to join ISE to AD, ISE creates a machine object for every node that you join. From that point forward, ISE leverages the machine account for lookups.

You can change the domain admin account with no impact to ISE. ISE does not save the username/password you used.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The user account you used to join ISE to active directory is not used for anything other than the join operation. When the credentials are typed in to join ISE to AD, ISE creates a machine object for every node that you join. From that point forward, ISE leverages the machine account for lookups.

You can change the domain admin account with no impact to ISE. ISE does not save the username/password you used.

Hi Damien,

Thanks for your input. That really helps. 

Regards

Hanif