cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to find out the exact Profile feed Change?

Peter Saltarelli
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Customer's Siemens ip phones failed to get profiled after a feed service update. In the updated report page it shows something was changed for this OUI but doesn't show what actually changed. Is there a way to find out?

Current ISE node show mac 00:1A:E8 pointing correctly to:

Unify Software and Solutions GmbH & Co. KG

So, what was this mac address previously pointing to pre March 17th 2016 feed update? Is there a updated IEEE doc that shows these changes?

Thanks,

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Peter,

I'm not aware of a way to figure out the previous owner of an OUI and unfortunately it isn't something we currently track in ISE or the feed service.  Currently, we check for any updates to the http://standards-oui.ieee.org/oui.txt file and publish any changes to the feed service.  This can be problematic for some customers from a profiling perspective because vendors can change their name or be bought be other companies which will then be reflected by an update to the IEEE OUI database.  As a workaround, customers can update profile policies to reflect the new OUI of those endpoints affected.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Peter,

I'm not aware of a way to figure out the previous owner of an OUI and unfortunately it isn't something we currently track in ISE or the feed service.  Currently, we check for any updates to the http://standards-oui.ieee.org/oui.txt file and publish any changes to the feed service.  This can be problematic for some customers from a profiling perspective because vendors can change their name or be bought be other companies which will then be reflected by an update to the IEEE OUI database.  As a workaround, customers can update profile policies to reflect the new OUI of those endpoints affected.

Regards,

-Tim

In the past I've gone here: Internet Archive Wayback Machine and compared a previous version to the latest version to see changes.