cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to free up disk space

kevink707
Level 1
Level 1

I have two Cisco ISE 2.4P9 PAN nodes which are complaining about 94% disk utilization in /

server1.domain.com: warning - / is 94% used (13295652 of 14987616)
server2.domain.com: warning - / is 94% used (13272036 of 14987616)

How do I free up disk space?

The nodes are used exclusively for TACACS authentication.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Normally, by default purges should be enough.
Sometimes we see these behaviours solved by some patches.
I personally use a linux vm on which I attach the ise vmdk to clean it up myself but the best way is to call TAC and they will connect using root access to do the cleanup.
Be careful to have respected the vm prerequisites otherwise they will tell you to backup, reinstall the correct ova and restore your datas.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Normally, by default purges should be enough.
Sometimes we see these behaviours solved by some patches.
I personally use a linux vm on which I attach the ise vmdk to clean it up myself but the best way is to call TAC and they will connect using root access to do the cleanup.
Be careful to have respected the vm prerequisites otherwise they will tell you to backup, reinstall the correct ova and restore your datas.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One possibility is CSCvs04226 (related to CSCvi21737). CSCvo90281 another.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: