cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to limit the number of session in ISE?

sroberts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm need to find out how to limit a user to 1 session or a single device simultaneously for a userID&password he is using...

In ISE 1.1.2 we have my device portal which works well but the issue with this feature is that

we have to enter the device MAC ID. (Still didn't find the way to populate the mac address automatically)

For some people it is easy to find their mac address but for others it is more difficult.

So me questions are:

1- Is there a way to automatically populate the device ID with the MAC address of the device the user in using to connect? With guest

portal i'm able to have my device ID filled automatically but it does not work.. I have a message saying that my device has not been

registered because "we are unable to determine access privilege...." The deivce ID is populated but the register button is greyed and

i can't click on it to register..

2- Or, Can we limit the number of simultaneous session per user like we had in older version of ACS?

Thanks

SR

3 Replies 3

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This feature to my knowledge will be out in ise 1.2. I assume you are having issues with the supplicant provisioning portal? If you are having issues can you try removing the device from the endpoint database also by logging in to make sure it is no longer present and trying again?

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

limit of the number of simultaneous session per user is not in ISE 1.2

Hi,

I'm not using the supplicant. The users will connect to a WLAN secured with PEAP or open Network. I want

to limit them only one device or one session.

With device registration, is there a way to populate the device ID field (MAC address) automatically? Or anything else

to do what i want?