cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to provision a certificate from ISE external CA to Apple MAC device using SCEP

csco11552159
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I try to setup ISE as RA and using our existing Microsoft SCEP server for Apple Mac device.  I got RA  cert and SCEP configured on ISE follow this guide: ISE - Adding Certificates to ISE and Creating Certificate Profiles .

I also configured the Certificate template and pointing to our external SCEP server.  But when I try to use Certificate provisioning portal, it doesn't allow me to select this template. only allow me to select internal SCEP template.  Is this current ISE limitation (ISE 2.1 Patch3)?  How can I use this template for our device cert provisioning?

Capturecert.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

On macOS, after we download the network setup assistant app and run it, it will contact ISE for the profile, which will use the template and trigger the certificate enrollment. The following how-to guides are based on ISE 1.1.1 but they have relevant info on how this is done:

How To: ISE & BYOD: Using Certificates For Differentiated Acces

How To: ISE & BYOD: Onboarding, Registering & Provisioning

Also check out the other resources @ BYOD

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

csco11552159
Level 5
Level 5

here is the portal: Couldn't see the template pointing to external SCEP

Capturecert2.JPG

ISE can issue certificates via SCEP during the BYOD flow, not for manual certificate provisioning via certificate portal. ISE Cert portal is for issuing certificates from ISE internal CA. If you want to get certificates from MS CA, you should connect to MS CA portal, which is typically http(s)://CERTSERVER_IP/certsrv/

if we use external SCEP follow the BYOD flow, when will the certificate request send  to SCEP server? Is the NSP template with Certificate template triggering the Certificate enrollment?  Or somewhere else control it ?

i got confused here ...

On macOS, after we download the network setup assistant app and run it, it will contact ISE for the profile, which will use the template and trigger the certificate enrollment. The following how-to guides are based on ISE 1.1.1 but they have relevant info on how this is done:

How To: ISE & BYOD: Using Certificates For Differentiated Acces

How To: ISE & BYOD: Onboarding, Registering & Provisioning

Also check out the other resources @ BYOD