cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set up Microsoft NPS for Cert-based Authentication with switch

kaskasummit
Level 1
Level 1

I think I have all of my cisco configuration done, as they are well documented, at least for use with ISE.

My question is about NPS. I am kind of unfamiliar with NPS, but I am trying to do 802.1x cert-based authentication and MAB. I haven't really been able to find many resources on how to configure this on NPS. How does NPS know what to authenticate a cert sent by a host with? Or what to authenticate a MAB credential against? I also do not know what information a host cert would need to be able to authenticate.

Also, I am wondering what conditions I should use in NPS for it to know that an authentication request is for a port? I currently use the device IPs as a condition for authenticating device admins, but I didn't really see any other conditions I could use for 802.1x.

Can anyone share any resources for NPS or some configuration tips relating to what I have mentioned?

Thank you.

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if this documentation can help you : http://www.accessdenied.be/documentation/Configuring%20Wired%208021x%20Authentication%20on%20Windows%20Server%202012.pdf

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '