Views
Helpful
Replies

Huge number of Message Count

umahar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

We have 2 Admin/MnT and 2 PSNs . After promoting primary Admin Node to secondary and back I see huge number of messages being piled

Is this normal ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

... the number on the primary PAN is the number of messages published from the time it is deployed ...

..it starts with 1 when it is made primary from Standalone. Max is 2^63. It will overflow in about 300 million years at our current database transaction rates ...

Thus, it's normal.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

vrostowsky
Level 5
Level 5

Was this a fresh deployment or did you perform an upgrade on all your personas?

This was after a maintenance activity when we increased the specs of the VMs . It required us to promote primary admin node to secondary.

So the messages are up at top right i am guessing, did it create any alarms on your home page?  Do you have your ISE logs going to a syslog server?

These messages are next to the Primary Admin Node.

I guess this is normal as I checked some other lab cluster and it also has lot of messages shown.

yes, it is just showing those messages due to your settings in System-Logging-Loggin Category-

you can decide which messages provide actionable value to you.  you may want to choose which events are noise and which are useful with the 'Log Severity Level" under the specific category- 

HTH

Vince

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

... the number on the primary PAN is the number of messages published from the time it is deployed ...

..it starts with 1 when it is made primary from Standalone. Max is 2^63. It will overflow in about 300 million years at our current database transaction rates ...

Thus, it's normal.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: