Level 1

we are using the following CIMC version at Cisco ISE
SNS-3595-K9
BIOS Version:

which now has no more new patches or upgrades 

Step 3
Server # scope certificate
Server /certificate # upload-paste-external-private-key
Please paste your private key here, when finished, press CTRL+D.
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

This is an additional option to upload the private key.
At the prompt, paste the content of the private key and press CTRL+D.
Note
The maximum file size supported for upload:

* Up to 8 KB in Cisco UCS C-Series M5 servers
* Up to 4 KB in Cisco UCS C-Series M4 servers

This example uploads an external certificate using the paste option:

In version 4.0 I don´t see this option? I can only paste the certificate. I don´t see the opportunity to upload also the private key.

I didn't find an HUU Update file CIMC 4.1 for the hardware SNS-3595-K9 with version 4.0.
Is there another option when we use OpenSSL to request a certificate with the length of 4096 and import/upload this to the CIMC? I really appreciate any help you can provide. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SNS-35xx series has been End-of-Life for a while and according to the End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Secure Network Server (SNS) 3515 and 3595 for ISE Applications, End of Software Maintenance was June 15, 2020.  The CIMC and BIOS File that is posted for the 35xx series appliances was Dec 14, 2020, so I don't expect updates.

Though the instructions are for a UCS, the CIMC version (4.0) is the same and this might help.  Cisco UCS C-Series Integrated Management Controller GUI Configuration Guide, Release 4.0 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SNS-35xx series has been End-of-Life for a while and according to the End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Secure Network Server (SNS) 3515 and 3595 for ISE Applications, End of Software Maintenance was June 15, 2020.  The CIMC and BIOS File that is posted for the 35xx series appliances was Dec 14, 2020, so I don't expect updates.

Though the instructions are for a UCS, the CIMC version (4.0) is the same and this might help.  Cisco UCS C-Series Integrated Management Controller GUI Configuration Guide, Release 4.0 

Thank you so much , I will try that and reply to you soon.