Replies

I have my ISE-VM-K9, now what?

emgalanme
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

This is a continuation  for :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/4010344#4010344

I had this doubt on why did i have to wait till i get the ISE-VM-K9 to install it in production in my UCS, if i could just download the ISE .iso on CCO and start to configure it into production (asumming i had the correct device count licensing). People kindly adviced that it was necesarry to open a tac case and because of the oracle embedded data base, so i waited and today I received it.

Today I got my white folder containing "ISE-5VM-K9" Bundle of 5 ISE VMs.

What surprised me was the following:

1. I only received 1 disk (i would expect 5 since its a bundle).

2. That seems to be a generic disk containing the ISE version 1.1.14.

3. NO PAKs

So from previous posts, i was adviced not to use the ISE image on CCO (either wise I had the correct user licenses) since it was an evaluation ISO. So, the main question is... what is the difference between the ISE on CCO and the disk that i received ISE-5VM-K9.

When i open a tac case, what am I supposed to give Cisco as a reference to let them know my VM is entitled? There are no serial numbers associated to the part number i purchased.

Also, why do you guys think that eventhough i requested a 5VM bundle in my folder i only have 1 lonely disk? where are the 4 others?

Appreciate all the help!

Regards,

Emilio

1 Reply 1

Peter Koltl
Level 7
Level 7

ISE-5VM-K9 is a Right To Use license. No enforcement or feature unlock is bound to it.