Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import PKCS#7 Certificate into Cisco ISE 2.2

Hello All,

I have to importe CA and PKCS certificate generate by DC Administrator into my Cisco ISE 2.2. I used to importe .cer certificate to do that, but this time the administrator gave me two certificate: the CA certificate is in .cer format, that's ok, but the second certificate is in .p7b format. Somebody can help me to importe that certificate to my CSR ? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The PKCS#7 certificate has been transformed by Base64 encoding ASCII file.

You cannot import it directly into ISE - you have to first transform it into a compatible PEM format. For that you can use openssl as follows:

$ openssl pkcs7 -print_certs -in certificate.p7b -out certificate.cer

(Substitute "certificate.p7b" with your .p7b filename and "certificate.cer" with a certificate filename of your choice.)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The PKCS#7 certificate has been transformed by Base64 encoding ASCII file.

You cannot import it directly into ISE - you have to first transform it into a compatible PEM format. For that you can use openssl as follows:

$ openssl pkcs7 -print_certs -in certificate.p7b -out certificate.cer

(Substitute "certificate.p7b" with your .p7b filename and "certificate.cer" with a certificate filename of your choice.)

Hello MR Marvin

Your answer is correct, but I did it by using Windows GUI to extract .p7b certificate into .cer. Thank you for your help.

You're welcome - thanks for rating.

As with most things certificate-related (or engineering-related), there's usually more than one way to achieve your goal.

By the way, consider moving up to ISE 2.3 - it's really quite a nice upgrade.