Views
Helpful
Replies

Import third part Certificate on Cisco ISE 2.3

junior_amj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I Have a public wildcard certificate generated by a public authority to my company (root and intermediate certificate and a file.cer, and a file.key), and I would like to import it on Cisco ISE to use on Guest WebPortal.

But, I cannot import it. (show an error message: "internal Error");

An alternate option is generate a CSR and send to a public authority, but I will need pay again for the same certificate :(, I don't wan't it!
I have a Medium architecture (1 PAN, 1 Monitor and 3 PSNs);

So Its possible to import a complete Public wildcard certificate to webportal?

3 Replies 3

mnagired
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Will get an SME to revert back on this Query..

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To answer the primary question, yes, you can use a wildcard certificate for the portals. Most of the deployments I have worked on utilize a wildcard certificate issued by a public CA. 

As for the error you are seeing while trying to import, I might suggest opening a tac case so they can debug. There is something else going on here that's not quite right. 

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm seconding Damien Miller's suggestion. This is likely hitting CSCvg36087 and needing TAC to work on it.

As a quick workaround, you might be able to restart the ISE services on the PSN after associating the portal tag with the new certificate. However, you would keep getting this error again for another certificate import and portal tag association later.