Views
Helpful
Replies

Increase VM resources in ISE 2.4

l.dasilva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are planning an upgrade of ISE 2.4 to 2.7 and as I see from the documentation, the VM resources for our setup should be 16CPUs and 32GB of RAM. We currently have our VMs running the 2.4 ISE version on 12CPUs and 16GB of RAM.

I have gone through the upgrade guide, but can't see at what stage would we increase the resources on the VMs. Would it be possible or better to do it while still on the 2.4 version, or would it be better after the upgrade to 2.7 happens?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The upgrade should run OK even with the current resources but it's best to do the resource change first. The "cleanest" method is to shutdown the VM, change the allocated resources and then bring it back online.

Be sure to run the Upgrade Readiness Tool before upgrading.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The upgrade should run OK even with the current resources but it's best to do the resource change first. The "cleanest" method is to shutdown the VM, change the allocated resources and then bring it back online.

Be sure to run the Upgrade Readiness Tool before upgrading.

Thanks Marvin. I think we will go for changing the resources first, running the URT and then performing the GUI upgrade.