Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installation of Cisco ISE 1.1.4 on Cisco NAC Appliance 3315

Hi,

I am re-imaging the Cisco NAC Appliance 3315 and installing the Cisco ISE 1.1.4...

After finishing the Installation, when i type "SETUP"... It gives me the below Error;

#####################################################################

# ERROR:  INPUT/OUTPUT ERRORS FOUND DURING THE INSTALLATION!        #

# PLEASE REIMAGE THE APPLIANCE OR VM FROM THE INSTALLATION MEDIA.   #

#####################################################################

Please advise....

I tried to change the Time/Date as per UTC/GMT accordingly... But, i didn't find the RAID in CLI... see the link below

(http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/installation_guide/ise_app_f-installing_on_NAC-AC.html)

any idea...

Regards,

Mubasher Sultan

8 Replies 8

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Where did you get the recovery media? Did you download from cisco.com?

Please download the image from CCO and ensure the ISE image is valid by checking the MD5 checksum of the downloaded image is matching to CCO image.You will then need to burn this ISO image onto bootable DVD.

Supporting link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1/installation_guide/ise_ins.html#wp1134146

Jatin Katyal

- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

Also, make sure while reimaging the NAC appliance, it should not be in deployment/ HA. It should be in stand-alone mode.

Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

Hi Jatin,

I downloaded the ISO Image from Cisco.com and verifed the image with MD5 checksum.

I tried with 1.1.2 ... 1.1.3 ... 1.1.4 software versions but no success. Every time the same error.

It asked me to login and type "SETUP" but failed. Please help.

Regardsm

Mubasher Sultan

Ok !!! Have you checked if it's in stand alone mode or HA?

Jatin Katyal

~Jatin

Hi Jatin,

It was configured as standalone, i beleve. But not sure.

I just re-imaged it and tried to install the software like 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 but no luck

Suppose, if it was an HA, what need to be done more to make it work now?

Please help.

Nac -> ISE

I tried version 1.1.2.145 and 1.2.0.899, right now i´m testing with the version 1.1.4.218

2 differents standalone appliances 3355, and the same issue

any ideas?

I had a similar issue which wouldn't tell me until the bootstrap process was done. Luckily It was as simple as my default gateway not being reachable. This prevented the install from completing then I'd receive the error. Did any of your subnets change or during the install can you perform a source ping from another vlan to it after you've passed the subnet information part of it? Lastly my Nic on adapter type in vmware was setup to VMXNET3 which required me to change it E1000. Just something to check. Good luck bro.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I disconnect the appliance from the network and ran the procedure again with the version 1.1.4.218 and Works fine, now i will take it to the version 1.2

Best Rgds