Views
Helpful
Replies

Integration issues between ISE and Steathwatch via PxGrid

rmesquit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi team, how are you doing?

I am in the middle of a PoV at customer premises for a VERY, VERY important deal - 900 x Cat3650 switches in the first phase for 14000 total switches.

Trying to integrate ISE and StealthWatch via PxGrid, but it is not working.

Below the brief of the behavior in StealthWatch – ISE (via pxGrid)

·         We enabled the pxGrid service in the ISE (2.0.0.306 – Patch 5).

·         We did the certificate generation process using the Bank CA, following the steps in this guide (https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-71929)

·         We did the configuration in the SMC, but with no success, we didn´t see any log entries in the logs events inside the pxGrid tab (inside ISE)

·         We enabled the TRACE level in the pxGrid logs and did the tests

o   During the tests we checked the following log entry:

2017-09-08            0:02:35,311 ERROR  [pool-1-thread-1554][] cisco.pxgrid.controller.query.ConnectionHandler -:::::- Connect error com.cisco.pxgrid.GCLException: Node is null

·         We check for documentation about that error, but cannot find anything related to that.

I captured the logs from SMC and ISE.

show logging application pxgrid/pxgrid-controller.log

/lancope/var/logs/syslog

The address of SMC is 10.193.142.96 and ISE 10.194..20.8.

Thanks for the help !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I will forward this to our SME but would recommend also reaching out to TAC for urgent support

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I will forward this to our SME but would recommend also reaching out to TAC for urgent support

Hey Ricardo,

Please email directly as soon as you see this email.   What version of Stealthwatch are you using?  You are using ISE 2.0 is that correct?  Do you see Stealthwatch as a registered pxGrid client?

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com