Views
Helpful
Replies

Intune ISE Authentication policy wireless devices

Geert Reijnders
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are moving from AD to Intune and Azure AD. I can create the External MDM (Intune) server and its working fine. However, I want to create a new policy set for devices which migrated to Intune. Therefore I created a new SSID. But how can I authenticate the devices? How does the authentication policy looks? I can't select the MDM as our external identity store. We can't use the username/password option for connection to our wireless network, because the device should connect before the user logs into the device. Is the only option to use certifcates?

I did read a lot of documentation about this subject but I can't find our use case. Or I'm missing something, that is also possible of course

We are running ISE version 3.1 with patch 3 installed.

Hopefully someone could help me.

Thanks

Geert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Speaker: Greg Gibbs, Cisco Security Architect 00:00 Intro 02:23 Traditional Active Directory vs Azure Active Directory 05:06 Azure AD Join Types: Registered, Joined, Hybrid Joined 07:00 Intune MDM Enrollment Options 09:08 Windows Autopilot 10:04 Windows Self-Service Out-of-Box Experience (OOBE) ...
Part 2 of 2 for What is New in ISE 3.2! 00:00 Intro and Features List 00:55 Dark Mode GUI 03:30 Support for Cisco Secure Client (CSC) - formerly Cisco AnyConnect 08:05 Demo: Deploy Cisco Secure Client from ISE 13:46 Posture Script Conditions 17:28 Demo: Domain-Managed Check and Corporate CA Certs
3 Replies 3

Speaker: Greg Gibbs, Cisco Security Architect 00:00 Intro 02:23 Traditional Active Directory vs Azure Active Directory 05:06 Azure AD Join Types: Registered, Joined, Hybrid Joined 07:00 Intune MDM Enrollment Options 09:08 Windows Autopilot 10:04 Windows Self-Service Out-of-Box Experience (OOBE) ...
Part 2 of 2 for What is New in ISE 3.2! 00:00 Intro and Features List 00:55 Dark Mode GUI 03:30 Support for Cisco Secure Client (CSC) - formerly Cisco AnyConnect 08:05 Demo: Deploy Cisco Secure Client from ISE 13:46 Posture Script Conditions 17:28 Demo: Domain-Managed Check and Corporate CA Certs

Thanks for your links. In the first video he talks about authentication. So the answer is certificates for now.

rschlayer
Level 4
Level 4

ISE 3.2 allows to use EAP-TLS with AzureAD might be worth to check it out.
Release Notes https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/3-2/release_notes/b_ise_32_RN.html#Cisco_Concept.dita_ca1dd90a-c40f-4c83-9994-da8e5b4536ca

BR
Rick