cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is the pxGrid profiling option necessary for pxGrid function?

Josh Morris
Level 3
Level 3

ISE 3.1 p3

I have two pxGrid nodes that I use for a could third party integrations. On my PSNs, I also have have an option to enable pxGrid as a profiling option. I have it enabled because I thought it was necessary. But now I'm seeing a bunch of endpoints in my CV saying that they came from pxGrid profiling but they have no data. Can I disable this profiling option and keep my same integration capabilities with pxGrid?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Josh Morris no you do not need to enable pxGrid for profiling if you are just exchanging data with the pxgrid peer. Yes you can disable, you'd still be able to exchange data with the pxgrid peer.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

@Josh Morris no you do not need to enable pxGrid for profiling if you are just exchanging data with the pxgrid peer. Yes you can disable, you'd still be able to exchange data with the pxgrid peer.

Thanks @Rob Ingram .

What is the high-level purpose of that profiling method then? I'm getting zero value from it and will disable, but I'm wondering if theres more I could get out of it.

FYI, my big pxGrid integration is Armis, which is providing custom attributes for my endpoints.

@Josh Morris the ISE Profiling guide states the use case for this probe is for IOT and other sources of unique endpoint context information. https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-knowledge-base/ise-profiling-design-guide/ta-p/3739456#toc-hId--1128917811

...and googling Armis reveals  ..."provide complete visibility and control over any device including unmanaged devices like Bluetooth peripherals, IoT devices, and rogue access points."  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/security/technical-alliance-partners/armis.html

So perhaps it may provide some information to ISE, but it's not a requirement to enable this profiling probe in order to exchange pxgrid information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: