cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a non user-interactive cert renewal mechanism with ISE BYOD?

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Customer commented today that they were under the impression that the ISE BYOD solution has the ability to renew a client's certificate without user intervention (i.e. supplicant performs an auto enrollment prior to the cert expiration).  I am pretty sure this is not the case, and that the process is very manual (i.e. ISE has to redirect user to a portal and user goes through all the motions again as they did when they initially on-boarded).

It's my understanding that in order to do what my customer is expecting, you would need an app that lives on the device (like an MDM app) that can initiate the SCEP etc.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You’re correct byod is all about user onboarding devices themselves as they are not managed but the company.

If they want more hands off need to look into mdm scripting sccm emm type solutions

But even with mdm the user still has to accept some things and click buttons

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You’re correct byod is all about user onboarding devices themselves as they are not managed but the company.

If they want more hands off need to look into mdm scripting sccm emm type solutions

But even with mdm the user still has to accept some things and click buttons
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: