Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.3.0.876 - Can't delete Network Device Group

Hi

When i try to delete a NDG i am told "This node cannot be deleted since it contains devices or subgroups".

When i search for under Network Devices no devices are in the group, and there is no subgroups under this group.

So what am i missing ?

///Brian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian,

If you have checked everything with respect to the configuration and we are still not able to delete the NDG group.

In this scenario the problem is even though the NAD Group is not being referenced for any NAD's when we try to delete NAD Group, it will throw an error "This node cannot be deleted since it contains devices or subgroups".

The reason for this issue is that previously when NAD's are using this NAD Group , and if we de-reference this NAD Group, the dereferenced information is not being updated in the database table and thus causing the issue while deleting from GUI. It still thinks as if it is having references.

You may need to open a TAC case for this as it will involve the access of the SQL DB of the ISE and you may not have the access for it.

Regards,

Aditya

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Aditya Ganjoo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Brian,

If you have checked everything with respect to the configuration and we are still not able to delete the NDG group.

In this scenario the problem is even though the NAD Group is not being referenced for any NAD's when we try to delete NAD Group, it will throw an error "This node cannot be deleted since it contains devices or subgroups".

The reason for this issue is that previously when NAD's are using this NAD Group , and if we de-reference this NAD Group, the dereferenced information is not being updated in the database table and thus causing the issue while deleting from GUI. It still thinks as if it is having references.

You may need to open a TAC case for this as it will involve the access of the SQL DB of the ISE and you may not have the access for it.

Regards,

Aditya