Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.3 Guest Activity

Leoni Wartung
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

is in the ise version 1.3 a possiblity that I can display the Guest Activity and export it via FTP?

What I'd like to see is: Which user opens which website/service. What kind of activity is the guest doing during he is using our guest wifi.

Regards

Filip

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Filip. No such an option is available in ISE. Moreover, only the Guest authentication traffic hits ISE. Once the guest user is authenticated the traffic no longer flows through ISE, thus, ISE has no visibility to what the user is actually doing on the network. 

This sort of information would be best collected by your web security appliance. So for instance, if you have Cisco WSA/CWSA.

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Filip,

Unless it has been removed from ISE 1.3, you can definately collect Guest Activity to create reports. If you have an ASA firewall that your guests go through, you can send the syslog from it to the ISE server, and it will automatically correlate the logs with the guest user, and then you can create a report for this in ISE, look under The "Guest Activity" report.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Filip. No such an option is available in ISE. Moreover, only the Guest authentication traffic hits ISE. Once the guest user is authenticated the traffic no longer flows through ISE, thus, ISE has no visibility to what the user is actually doing on the network. 

This sort of information would be best collected by your web security appliance. So for instance, if you have Cisco WSA/CWSA.

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hello, Neno

You could give me a configuration template that you are applying.

I had Cisco 1.2 and now upgraded to Cisco 1.3 but i can not make it work with Hotspot or Self-Registration.

Could pass me how to configure my Cisco ISE with my Cisco WLC

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Filip,

Unless it has been removed from ISE 1.3, you can definately collect Guest Activity to create reports. If you have an ASA firewall that your guests go through, you can send the syslog from it to the ISE server, and it will automatically correlate the logs with the guest user, and then you can create a report for this in ISE, look under The "Guest Activity" report.