cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.3 Guest API - using custom fields for guest creation?

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

I am currently working with the new ISE 1.3 guest api, i have most everything working, i can create guests fine, with the basic information entered into the guest account like first name, last name, company, email, phone and so on. Now i need some more fields to enter other information in for that guest, and i have created 5 extra custom fields called option1-option5, and enabled them for the "Known Guests" page on my sponsor portal. I can however not figure out how they should be adressed in the xml input sent in the api request...anyone tried this ?

Regards

Jan

3 Replies 3

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Actually i just figured it out, if anyone is having the same issues, what you so is use the get guestuser by id function for a guest where you manually entered something into those customfields, and you will see what the xml structure for the request should be like. This is what fields named option1 and option2 should look like in the xml :

<customFields>
    <entry>
            <key>ui_option1_text_label</key>
            <value>some text</value>
    </entry>
    <entry>
            <key>ui_option2_text_label</key>
            <value>some text</value>
    </entry>
</customFields>

Hi Jan,

Can I ask, how did you accomplish the creation of a guest account using the API. For a customer using a ticketsystem that today creates account locally in the WLC (the system is using SSH and create the account directly in the WLC). I would like to help them out creating and integration with ISE instead and use the new portal.

Thanks!

Johan

Hi Johan,

Sure i can lead on the way, the stuff i am doing is part of a complete system i build and sell, that integrates with ISE to give customers the ability to create guest accounts using a number of different social media facebook, google and so on, to self-provision accounts for guest acces (and many other things :-)

I mainly use PHP for this, and for simplicity you can use a curl command line executed by any scripting you prefer, or use any curl library you might have available to you.

So, you need an ise sponsor account that has the "api usage flag" allowed in the sponsor group it is a member of. Then you need to know a few things about the ise setup, that needs to be sent with your request to ise, to allow the creation of a guest account.

If you need some code examples, send me a pm and we can figure something out

API Reference :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-3/api_ref_guide/api_ref_book/ise_api_ref_guest.html