Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.3 Patch 2 ERS API and Child Identitygroups

Hi

I am trying to list all user identitygroups with an ERS API Call
https://<ise-pap>:9060/ers/config/identitygroup?page=1&size=100
Accept-Header: application/vnd.com.cisco.ise.identity.identitygroup.1.0+xml

This lists all Top Identitygroups, but not my child identitygroups.

I tried to filter my request to include only groups that starts with A_

https://<ise-pap>:9060/ers/config/identitygroup?page=1&size=100&filter=name.STARTSW.A_
Accept-Header: application/vnd.com.cisco.ise.identity.identitygroup.1.0+xml

But my result lists only A_Top_Group

What am I doing wrong ?

7 Replies 7

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Have you tried without the paging and the filter, is the result the same? Your request looks ok to me, it should return all groups, i don't see any other way of getting the identity groups from the API

Yes, I have tried without paging and filter, and the result is the same, all top groups are returned, but child groups are missing.

I have a non patched 1.3 and a 1.4 ise in my lab, i'll try it when i get back in the lab tonight and see if versions/patches make any difference

Hmm, i only had an ISE 1.4 running at the moment to test, and the problem is the same, only the "root" level of groups get sent as a result of the lookup in the API, don't know if it's an actual bug, but it sure seems like its the same across versions

Thank you for testing this out in your ISE 1.4 lab. I will proceed to create an TAC Case to figure out if this is a bug or not.

I will update this post when I got an answer from TAC.

Thanks again.

I got an answer from TAC today

Indeed, that is not working as you have explained. I have tested that in ISE 1.3 and ISE 1.4 with same results.
While behaviour is unexpected I have opened a bug: CSCuv73308 "ISE 1.3/1.4 REST API not returning "child" identity groups"

Thanks for the info, i will be tracking the bug.