Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.4 Posture scans on non-802.1x wired ports

Shahin901
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an installation of ISE1.4 with patch 6 running posture for the end points.

We configured Anyconnect to run Posture on the wireless clients. Switches are not configured for 802.1x authentication, so we do not want to run the posture check when the same client connects to the wired network.  But the posture assessment happens even the client connects to the wired non-802.1x ports.

I have modified the Posture conditions to more specific requirement by mentioning the WLAN ID. But still the posture assessment happens when the client connects to the Wired network. Even though this assessment does not make any difference for the client's access to the network as there is no 802.1x configuration on the switch but still the users are getting annoyed looking at the assessment scan.

Really would appreciate if someone can help me to stop the scan on non-802.1x wired ports.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah, this is what happens when you don't pay attention :) Sorry I missed the "wired" part. For wired I am not aware of a workaround this and have confirmed that it does scan even though the port/NAD was not configured for 802.1x.

This would be a good suggestion to the Cisco team. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you have configure for the setting "Operate on non-802.1X wireless" on the NAC/AnyConnect profile?

"Operate on non-802.1x wireless" is set to NO. The anyconnect posture module does not scan on non-802.1x wireless but scans on non-802.1x wired connections.

Ah, this is what happens when you don't pay attention :) Sorry I missed the "wired" part. For wired I am not aware of a workaround this and have confirmed that it does scan even though the port/NAD was not configured for 802.1x.

This would be a good suggestion to the Cisco team.