Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.0 guestportal with only two languages

Hi all

I've question related to the portal languages.
Is it possible to detect only 2-3 browser locale languages and for the rest of all displaying english portals ?

What is the way to remove other languages like chinese, italian, russian, etc. and only holding german, french, english as browser locale detectable languages. For all other languages default english should appear in the browser.

The goal is for the customer to only maintain the text for 2-3 languages instead of 17-20 languages.

Is there a way to do so ? Customer is using ISE portal builder.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not a feature of ISE or the portal builder

you either choose to allow all languages built in with a fallback to a set language or force everyone to use the same language portal

you might be able to export your language property files, remove the browser locale lines for the languages you don't want to suppory and import back in, set fallback language to English on the portal

for the portal builder you should question that site for support and reference this thread

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not a feature of ISE or the portal builder

you either choose to allow all languages built in with a fallback to a set language or force everyone to use the same language portal

you might be able to export your language property files, remove the browser locale lines for the languages you don't want to suppory and import back in, set fallback language to English on the portal

for the portal builder you should question that site for support and reference this thread

Hi Jason

Thank you for this answer. That was exactly what I thought already. I will go back to the portal builder team to get more information from them.

Thx

unless you need the portal builder to do lots of layout changes then I wouldn't recommend going that route, portal builder should only be used if you don't have staff or resources to modify the existing ISE portal using built in JavaScript of CSS methods

either way you will need to change the language property file (portal builder zip package will have this as well and you can modify it before uploading it to ISE)