Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.1 to 2.2 upgrade file upload fails

bryantsteve
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to upgrade my ISE Appliance SN 3515-K9 from  ver 2.1 to 2.2 

I uploaded   ise-upgradebundle-2.2.0.470.SPA.x86_64.tar.gz  (around 4 GB size) to my ISE sftp respository which is a Solaris SCP/SFTP server running on Windows 7  The  file upload process  starts but fails  after  approx 25% of file transfer. I have tried both GUI and CLI file transfer options  What else can I try to get this bundle uploaded? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Check all the caveats on 2.2 version and issues posted on this forum. You could probably face known bugs even with patch 4 installed (patch 5 breaks the AD connector based on my own experience).

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

abhishek.marat1
Level 1
Level 1

Did you check if the SFTP server has not run out of space? Are you sending ISE backups to this repository? Is that failing?

bryantsteve
Level 1
Level 1

To be more specific I am trying to upload file  to the ISEserver  disk; directory from sftp server 

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>...but fails  after  approx 25% of file transfer

- How this it fail then, which errors are observed ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

M. All I can really say is  within the GUI upgrade window,   the  download progress bar  states  download  failure  the information icon shows a partial message "cmd exe error" that's as much as I can see.  From the CLI  I see a file xtranfer failed message. How can  I obtain more detailed  logging information?    

- Haven't much info on extended logging on ise , but if possible check the logs of the SCP/SFTP too on the Windows side. Possible ways of going on, are using a Linux based SCP/SFTP server (for testing). And or use the latest patch-level on ise 2.1

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

- Well this is something I found, which you may try  on ISE when the download fails : show logging system ade/ADE.log  (check if there's more info in there).

M.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- A more specific log-examining command on ISE would be : show logging system ade/ADE.log  tail  count 100 (to get the latest 100 entries only (e.g.))

M.

Thank you M

I found using show logging | inc ade  did produce somewhat  useful output, basically says the upgrade procedure failed because the ISE was unable to get the .gz file from  the repository. I'm going to try setting up a ftp service and try that.  

I created a ftp repository (vice sftp)  and successfully uploaded the  2.1 to 2.2 upgrade bundle, it's running now and my fingers are crossed...

Check all the caveats on 2.2 version and issues posted on this forum. You could probably face known bugs even with patch 4 installed (patch 5 breaks the AD connector based on my own experience).