Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.2 : High memory utilization issue

Hello Team,

We have 2 ISE nodes in production environment. we have set 70 % of threshold for memory.

current utilization id 71 %. TAC is already opened. also suppressed radius logs.

Total RAM - 16 GB Hard disk - 1.4 TB 

Any suggestions ??

17 Replies 17

So, just to rehash, I'm working on a deployment running 2.2 patch 12 whose primary ADM/MnT memory utilization is around 33%, and the secondary ADM/MNT is consistently at 61%.  One of the intermittent issues that i see is having to wait >5 minutes for the UI to become responsive before i can proceed with anything within Live Logs or Context Visibility.  Is this behavior seen as a symptom and mitigated within the same patch?  Assuming no since I'm on patch 12.  The only other symptom that's fishy that I've been able to see from a deployment perspective is the use of thin provisioning (1.2 TB).  

Thin provisoning is supported, it has the same performance as thick provisioned lazy zeroed that most use.

I have a customer deployment on 2.2 p12, 180k active endpoints, the dashboard is still reasonably snappy. I would be contacting tac to help tshoot the performance issues because it should not be that slow.

bakaholic39
Level 1
Level 1

Same here with 2 physical nodes in deployment, running on version 3.1.

Memory utilization gradually climbed up to 70%, and TAC advised me to upgrade to version 3.2 to fix the bug CSCwd45843.

Last month, while running on version 3.2 patch 5, memory utilization increased by 1-2% per week. TAC then recommended installing the latest patch to fix the bug CSCwi63725.

Now, after updating to the latest patch of version 3.2 (patch 6), memory utilization has climbed up to 70% again...