cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 2.2 Sponsor Portal Password Field

Todd S
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to specify a guest users password through the Sponsor Portal page.  It isn't an option when creating the account and it isn't an option when managing the account.  I can reset the password through the portal but if I want it set to ABC123, I can't seem to find a way to do that through the Sponsor Portal.  I certainly understand it not being available but a customer I've deployed ISE to was looking for that functionality, similar to the Prime/WCS/WLC lobby admin features.  Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I would also like to know the rationale behind this functionality.  Luckily there is one solution - when you allow Guests the option to change their passwords themselves during login, then they can chose any password that fits in with the password rules.

But that may not solve your problem of the admin sponsor setting the password.  But thinking about it, why would a sponsor care what the initial password is, when the guest can be forced to change it anyway?  Then the responsibility is not on the system owner to manage passwords.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I would also like to know the rationale behind this functionality.  Luckily there is one solution - when you allow Guests the option to change their passwords themselves during login, then they can chose any password that fits in with the password rules.

But that may not solve your problem of the admin sponsor setting the password.  But thinking about it, why would a sponsor care what the initial password is, when the guest can be forced to change it anyway?  Then the responsibility is not on the system owner to manage passwords.